- Pursuing PhD. Cumulative, Florida International University, 2017 – Present
- Masters in Electrical Engineering, Florida International University, 2015-16
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics, University of Pune, 2006-10
Current Research Interests
- The project focuses on the correlation between nanoparticle distribution on electrode surface,
electrode response and inter-electrode variability in biosensing. The plasma assisted nanoparticle
deposition system optimization.
- Cortisol detection in sweat and saliva samples and its correlation with blood glucose level, and
various physiological factors as metabolism, physical activity, Heart rate, blood pressure,
Wake/sleep cycle, emotional state, Caffeine/Nicotine/ alcohol intake.
- Sonawane, M. Mujawar, S. Bhansali, “Effects of cold atmospheric plasma treatment on the morphological and optical properties of plasmonic silver nanoparticles” Nanotechnology, IOP Publishing, 2020.
- Sonawane, M. Mujawar, S. Bhansali, “Plasma Assisted Control of Nanoparticle Distribution for Enhancing the Electrochemical Activity of Electrodes” 237th ECS Meeting with the 18th International Meeting on Chemical Sensors (IMCS), 2020.
- P. Manickam, V. Kanagavel, A. Sonawane, SP. Thipperudraswamy, S. Bhansali “Electrochemical Systems for Healthcare Applications.” Bioelectrochemical Interface Engineering (2019): 385-409.
- Sonawane, M. A. Mujawar, S. Bhansali, “Atmospheric Plasma Treatment Enhances the Biosensing Properties of Graphene Oxide-Silver Nanoparticle Composite” Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 166, 9, B3084-B3090, 2019.
What is Apurva Sonawane working on?