- PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Florida International University, 2014 – 18
- M.S. in Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering,Purdue University Northwest, Hammond, IN, 2008 – 10
- B.Sc. in Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE), Chittagong University of Engineering & Technology (CUET), Bangladesh, 2002-07
Current Research Interests
- Micro-fuel cell sensor
- Mathematical modeling for the detection of volatile compounds
- We designed, characterized, and fabricated proton exchange membrane micro-fuel cell (PEMFC) sensors for the detection of transdermal volatile organic compounds (VOCs, e.g. ethanol, acetone, and isoflurane) for the point-of-care (POC) diagnosis of the physiological conditions of humans. My research addressed an enduring problem in the biosensing field — the importance of eliminating interfering signals toward the precise calibration and detection of these VOCs in a POC multivariate environment.
- US 10,712,306 – Sensor for detection of acetone (Inventors: Y. Umasankar, S. Bhansali, AH Jalal, N. Bhansali)
- “Flexible and Linker-Free Enzymatic Sensors Based on Zinc Oxide Nanoflakes for Noninvasive L-Lactate Sensing in Sweat.” IEEE Sensors Journal 20.10 (2020): 5102-5109.
- F. Alam, AH Jalal, S. Forouzanfar, C. Wang, N. Pala “ZnO Nanoflakes based Enzymatic Sensor for the determination of lactic acid in sweat.” 2019 IEEE SENSORS. IEEE, 2019.
- F. Alam, SM. Aghaei, AH. Jalal, N. Pala “Flexible piezoelectric nanogenerator based on sonochemically synthesized ZnO nanoflakes for self‐powered devices and wearable energy harvesting (Conference Presentation).” Nanoengineering: Fabrication, Properties, Optics, Thin Films, and Devices XVI. Vol. 11089. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2019.
- AH. Jalal, Y. Umasankar, Md A. Ahmed, EA. Pretto, S. Bhansali “Towards a wearable fuel cell sensor for transdermal monitoring of isoflurane–an anesthetic.” Analytical Methods 11.15 (2019): 2007-2012.
- F. Alam, AH. Jalal, N. Pala “Selective detection of alcohol through ethyl-glucuronide immunosensor based on 2D zinc oxide nanostructures.” IEEE Sensors Journal 19.11 (2019): 3984-3992.
- F. Alam, SM. Aghaei, AH. Jalal, N. Pala “Sonochemically Synthesized ZnO Nanostructured Piezoelectric Layers for Self-Powered Sensor Applications.” MRS Advances 4.23 (2019): 1355-1360.
- MNA. Tarek, F. Alam, AH. Jalal, MA. Ahad “Multi Frequency Assessment of the Electrical Impedance Myography Parameters on 3D Malignant Breast.” MRS Advances 4.22 (2019): 1285-1291.
What is Ahmed Jalal working on?